Monday, February 11, 2013

How to Achieve Success


To understand How to Achieve Success, you need to ask yourself what “Success” means to you. Do you have the same definition as Merriam Webster, who says Success is the attainment of a favorable or desired outcome”.

What are your first thoughts on Success? Write these thoughts down.

Take a look at them from, Wealth, Relationships, Attitudes or any other area that you feel should be included.

What does Wealth Success look like?

What does my Relationship Success look like?

What Attitudes do I need to be Successful?

Then ask yourself: Am I doing anything today, even for a half hour that will help bring true Success into my life in these areas?

You may have some external blocks to your Success which can come from both the people around you or the environment that you live in. But you must think of this as your present situation and NOT your ultimate Goal or attainment of Success.

Remember, no matter how many blocks or obstacles we seem to find around us, what matters the most is what’s inside us! Our own thoughts will determine if we obtain Success or not.

You must absolutely realize that “Success” or “No Success” is in your control, that you and only you hold the key to your success. You need to fully internalize this and make it part of your thoughts and attitudes on a daily basis!

Don’t listen to anyone else who tries to hold you back with negative words or actions! 

The only way that you will ever gain your desired outcome or Goal is if you have a deep burning desire that will not be put out by anyone or anything!

If this is an important Outcome or Goal to you it will take time because truly great things usually do take time! So, don’t feel like setbacks or obstacles are the end of your dreams of Success, find another way, just make sure you can look yourself in the mirror and say you did it right when you are finished. You never want to look back and be ashamed at how you got your success.

One of the best ways I’ve ever heard to assist with getting to Success is to set Goals.

As someone once said, “If you fail to plan you plan to fail!”

Well that’s great to have Goals but how are you ever going to get there?

The answer is, you write down your Goals for each category…then you break them into steps…next you set completion dates for each step and an estimated date as to when you would like to arrive at your Goals.

You need to look at these goals daily and voice them to yourself so you start to internalize them.

Keep a journal for taking notes on your progress toward your Goals.

Also, make sure you write down mistakes you’ve made or things that got in the way. Analyze this information so you can determine what you should do in order to change or remove these obstacles from your path to Success.  

Believe me when I tell you this works. I came from one of six siblings where Mom and Dad had no money to help us. I found out early that if I wanted anything, I’d better find a way myself to acquire it. I have put myself through both undergraduate and graduate school with no financial help from my parents. I love my parents and harbor no bad feelings toward them; instead I thank them because having come from this environment has made me very resourceful and able to look at how things could be if I apply myself to change them. 

I see way too many people today who have this entitlement mentality. They feel the government or someone else owes them a living so they do nothing but wait for a hand out. Or the people who keep saying that, “If only I could win the lottery, it would change my life for the better!” But as we know, that money would come and go and they still would not be able to gain Success.

Why?

Because they have not defined Success and are not working toward it…They have made no Goals to achieve Success…They have no steps to get them to these Goals…So they don’t know if or when they are on course toward their Goals or whether they have arrived at their Goals.

But, mostly it’s because they have never taken the time to analyze their Goals and write them down and concentrate on making an effort to direct their lives toward achieving these Goals.

Now this will take effort but in the end you will be choosing your path instead of just wondering aimlessly through your life.

Begin today to follow this process and through it, you will truly be able to change your life to “Achieve Success”!  
 
Mark  

             

No comments: